US Guilt

Micheal Ellis onyxmirr at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 24 13:31:39 PDT 2002

>> This may account for the alleged American guilt about the jews. But
>> alleged or not, it is not the guilt that drives the policy but the other
>> way around.

completely true..................

1. zionist propaganda and the "Holocaust Industry" (good book by Finkelstein, that i havn't read but have heard was good) 2. there's a desperate need for justifications for support of israel. it takes a certain amount of _talent_ to say one is opposed

to antisemitism, racism and support what israel is doing . a funny twist on this..i was reading about a faction of secular zionist that concluded ...it's from Chomsky, i'll just quote:

" As for "who are the Jews," a strain of secular Zionist thought, called "Canaanite," held -- not without reason -- that the Palestinian population

are the descendants of the poor peasants who lived there forever. They might be conquered by Babylon, Rome, desert warriors, Turkey,... -- and sometimes the conquerors might remove elites who scatter elsewhere (the so-called diaspora), but the poor usually remain. The Canaanites (a rather prestigious collection, incidentally) concluded that the Palestinians were actually the Jews (andother local peoples in the complex historical amalgam), and the people then returning to "their land" were a mixture of Europeans. Their solution was that all should call themselves "Canaanites." For anyone who wants to play the game of alleged origins thousands of years ago, that's as good as any. We can proceed."

3. that and there was alot of complicity involved....the U.S. supported the nazis somewhat at least until the started interfering with U.S. interests etc. ofcourse this is a legitimate cause for guilt which isn't factored in at all. of cousre the collaboration of various zionist organisation with the nazis (one led by former PM of Israel Yitzak Shamir) doesn't factor in at all either......ofcourse

so it's about what one would expect guilt is pretty much manufactured and not legit considering the legit reasons for "guilt" are convieniently erased from collective memory. which perhaps brings up an interesting interpretation of delongs "historical memory of Auschwitz" remark...meaning essentially he was (prob unintentionally) saying something accurate more along the lines of the historical memory of the ideals expressed in "Mein Kampf" and ahereing to and achieving realization of those ideologies for "success".