lbo-talk-digest V1 #6062

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Apr 25 09:36:06 PDT 2002

At 09:26 PM 04/24/2002 -0400, I wrote:
> > How about the narrative about Palestinians being disposessed of their
>land,
> > culture, and life -- for having done nothing to the jews. How about that
> > narrative?
> >
> > Joanna

and Luke responded:

>What about it? I'm not a supporter of Israel. I'm simply telling you that
>most people sympathize with the Israelis, and any plausible explanation of
>why this happens to be so must account for a number of variables besides
>what the US government thought to be in its interest.

Thanks for clarifying that. I don't know if you are right about who people sympathize with. It's not as if there is open debate going on about this subject. There's the media representation: Israel is always "defending" itself; Palestinians are always "terrorizing" someone. That's what most people know.

What other variables did you have in mind?

Joanna