Healthcare spending as a share of GDP

RangerCat67 at aol.com RangerCat67 at aol.com
Fri Apr 26 19:29:55 PDT 2002

mmcintyr at depaul.edu writes:

<< Increased funding on health will damage the UK's economic future....while the countries that already spend more than the UK have already pulled ahead of the land of hope and glory in GDP per capita. >>

Thanks. That's what I thought. I was just wondering if I was missing something...like this whole other dimension to political economy that had hitherto lain hidden from all of us. Possible, but not very probable.

<<How did Tony Blair, of all creeps, get so lucky in his enemies? I swear, the little pipsqueak is safe until the day Gordon Brown decides to stick the knife in. >>

Actually, having read a lot of his other stuff, I don't think that Parris is a moron. That epithet should be reserved for those at the once venerable Independent, which seems to have been taken over by the Conservative Central Office and the Centre for Policy Studies. (There are exceptions, of course, such as the estimable Deborah Orr.) By comparison, the Times is the standard bearer for moderation.