Uprising Without Explanation

Michael Hoover HooverM at scc-fl.edu
Tue Apr 30 05:46:54 PDT 2002

>Over the last couple of weeks, reporting on Israel/Palestine
>has, in my opinion, improved a good deal in some media
>outlets. Representations of Israel/Palestine still leave much to > be desired, but more references to the occupation and
>explanations of its injustice have appeared lately than, say,
>one year ago.
>Yoshie

while i'm not big on public opinion polls, i recollect study about middle east from several years ago indicating that only about 30% of americans were aware of Israeli occupation (more than 80%, however, remembered that u.s. missile used in gulf war was called 'patriot')...

one feature of study was that more folks watched tv news, less they appeared to know about information critical of u.s. policies/positions and more they knew about 'facts'/assertions supportive of u.s. policies/positions...

people are selectively mis/disinformed, neither the known or the unknown is neutral... michael hoover