Economic Blah-Blah on CNBC Europe

Bryan Atinsky bryan at indymedia.org.il
Fri Aug 2 01:05:46 PDT 2002

Some Scottish economic analyst was just on CNBC Europe. The interviewer asked him about signs of a weakness in the trend of consumer spending in the US. The analyst replied that consumer spending in the US actually seems quite strong, it is just that the consumer is much more selective about where and how much of his money he will spend. Further he stated that people are becoming more picky about what stocks to invest in or whether to put money into the market at all.

He then reaffirmed the strength of the US consumer sector.

HUH?!

Please help me remove my ignorance by explianing his obviously sound logic.

Bryan -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20020802/a321d34a/attachment.htm>