Is Fighting Iraq Worth the Risks?

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Sun Aug 4 12:30:02 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/25/02 7:20:59 PM, owner-lbo-talk-digest at lists.panix.com writes:

>From O'Hanlon & Gordon on Iraq a while ago:
>Although he [Saddam Hussein]
>appears not to have been implicated in the Sept. 11
>attacks, he could decide to give biological arms to Al
>Qaeda in the future.

This recalls for me that NYT article (3-17-02) in which they quoted various 'al Qaeda' documents found in Afghanistan, including this:

"In a Qaeda house in Kabul, there was a public statement from the 'Islamic Battalion, Kurdistan, Iraq,' dated Nov. 20, 1999, calling on 'the movement for Islamic unity' to help the jihad against President Saddam Hussein."

I wasn't on this list at the time, so maybe I missed a discussion, but does anyone have more on this?

Jenny Brown