Fast Track Passage

dave dorkin ddorkin1 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 09:06:04 PDT 2002

How about a thanks to years of DLC nonsense among other things? What you say makes very little sense. Nader seems to be your excuse for any result which you dont like, Nate. Fast track failed under Clinton but, as you know, not for lack of trying on Clinton's part. How about taking into account the years of constant BS from dems like Clinton on "free trade issues" that must have helped to build the consensus on fast track (and other issues) to begin with? This is one reason why it can be supported by dems and not be seen for what it is by many of those who traditionally vote for the dems.

"Even on an issue where Gore and Bush agreed..." gets thrown in at the end for good measure. The continuous gyrations done in order to make it seem as if you were supporting the SPD against the red army fraction are amusing. It is time you accepted that there are intelligent activists who simply disagree with you and your approach and they are not by definition immature pie in the sky intellectuals who are too "inorganic" to connect with the world of really existing politics.