Fast Track Passage

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Mon Aug 5 11:47:13 PDT 2002

So a person could argue that Democrats abandoned their 'principles' more quickly than Republicans on this issue. Republicans wouldn't give a Democratic President fast track authority but Democrats will give a Republican President the same authority. I'll thank the spinless Democrats before I thank Ralph. The people who voted are responsible for their actions. Lets not blame unelected also-rans for their behaviour.

John Thornton

> How about a Thanks Ralph for the result.
> Folks will no doubt bitch about individual Dems who crossed lines to
support
> the legislation but this vote is as irrefutable empirical disproof of the
> argument that we gain ANYTHING from having a GOP President as it comes.
> Even on an issue where Gore and Bush agreed, the result was worse under
Bush