Fast Track Passage

dave dorkin ddorkin1 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 12:39:15 PDT 2002

I like the way you isolated all the other factors that could have had an influence like the Dems and their vocal support expressed for such legislation and its ideological underpinnings through the years among many other things and separated all that out to get anunbiased experiment.

> Demonstrably so, since they got less votes for it
> under Clinton than they did under Bush.
> here we had an almost perfect comparison-- two
votes for Fast Track The problem was that the GOP voted overwhelmingly for passage because they
> had a rightwing President pushing for passage.

>The difference is that a lot of moderate Dems I know
>regret Gore's candidacy. Most of the Nader folks
>are still helplessly in denial for their role in
Bush's regime.

As opposed to your denial about the state of the Dems and what they have helped do to politics and to political discourse independently of Ralph Nader.