Fast Track Passage

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Mon Aug 5 21:10:04 PDT 2002

>At base, the unequivocal demands to support the
>>Democrats meets Santayana's definition of fanaticism, "redoubling your
>>effort when you have forgotten your aim".
>
>A lovely quote.

The DLC hasn't forgotten its aim, however: move the party to the "center." Senator Clinton is openly for money(bribery) in politics. As NYTimes columnist Bill Keller recently wrote: "There is no reason voters' wrath should be reserved for Republicans. Democrats like Tom Daschle and Joseph Lieberman and Chris Dodd and Charles Schumer, for example, have helped smother important corporate reforms, and there are plenty of Congressional Democrats who act like wholly owned subsidiaries of special interests."

I just can't see Nader smothering important corporate reforms. The Dow slid 239.5 today, or 2.88%. If it keeps going down and and the economy double dips, it will be interesting to see the Dems' reactions. I do hope they take the House in 3 months, however.

Peter (who witnessed a talking head on CNBC discussing deflation and the Feds' weapons against it)