nader

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Aug 6 07:22:06 PDT 2002

frank scott wrote:

>hold on... aside from his austerity, he wrote a book about the campaign
>which made the charts ,he's been all over the country speaking,
>promoting it, was recently interviewed in Time, and has been in my
>county - Marin - in california twice this year, before standing room
>only crowds at a book store which regularly presents the most
>mainstream authors...granted, major media have not followed his every
>step and word, but tens of thousands of citizens have...

Book tours aren't what I had in mind. I had something more like building the Green Party into a serious political force, rather than the collection of amateurish malcontents it too often is. IMPORTANT QUALIFICATION: Not all Greens are amateurish malcontents; there are principled and serious people working within the party. But as an institution, it's very disappointing. And Nader, of course, has never been interested in building anything he couldn't control.

Doug