Fast Track Passage

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Tue Aug 6 12:15:03 PDT 2002

Nathan Newman wrote:
>Austere yes and I disagree with him on a lot of issues, but he is still one
>of the foremost activists of the last generation. Except for a few heated
>comments at points when I was particularly pissed off, I never went in for
>the personal bashing some folks did on Nader.

-It's nice to see that you equate criticism with "bashing" even when -it's directed against Ralph.

Actually I was referring to the liberals who tried to come up with personally venal reasons for Nader's run for President. Of course, there's always some ego involved but I thought his motives came out of his activism-- which as you note has its strategic limits reflected in his third party run.

-- Nathan Newman