Anarcho-Stalinism (chuck)

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Tue Aug 6 18:53:57 PDT 2002

Dddddd0814 at aol.com wrote:

> Now Chuck Munson criticizes unions, and workers' organizing efforts in
> general, without offering any alternative. Labor unions, along with the
> building of a genuine labor party in the United States, offer an organic
> structure not only for workplace democracy, but political power by and for
> workers.

I wasn't aware that I was required to offer an alternative. What are the alternatives? You offer the same dogmatic answer: labor unions and a labor party are the only answer. Have you spent any time examining the alternatives? Is it possible that we could still have unions, albeit in a different form?

> But, Chuck seems to be in agreement with the labor bureaucracy by his
> repeated statements that labor unions are only for the bureaucrats, and not
> for the workers. In another email, he even suggested that agitators go into
> union halls and workplaces and tell the workers that the unions were not for
> them at all. He shares their cynicism.

Hah! You guys are great at putting words into my mouth.

I case you missed it, I spent quite a few electrons today rialing against unions because of their hierarchy and bureacracy. It's quite a twist to suggest that I agree with the union leaders!

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)