Toil

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Tue Aug 6 21:31:28 PDT 2002

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Chuck Munson wrote:

> I certainly wouldn't choose any organized labor union at this point.

SEIU, CWA and lots of other unions are darn cool. Unions are the *only*, repeat, *only* social force capable of not only fighting Capital, but wining. And after thirty years of neoliberalism, I'm sick and goddamn tired of losing.

> I mean, isn't this pretty obvious?

No. Giant bureaucracies produce the computer you're typing on, the Web you cruise, and the programming code which makes this listserv possible. The division of labor is not our enemy; the division of wealth is.

-- Dennis