war plans

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 7 07:19:42 PDT 2002

--- Tahir Wood <twood at uwc.ac.za> wrote:
> Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 00:38:16 EDT
> From: JCWisc at aol.com
> Subject: Re: war plans
>
> They may go into it thinking that it's Gulf War II,
> and get Vietnam II instead.
> If it's the latter, the US Left should be prepared
> to give them their Vietnam.
> Jacob Conrad
>
> I like this language. Much better than what "we"
> should be doing in Afghanistan, Iraq. etc.
> Tahir

Yes but how many times have we heard this? I remember hearing about how the US would get its ass kicked in Afghanistan because we'd have to do a ground offensive--so far it's all been in the safety of the air and the ground offenses have been bloodily fought by the Afghans themselves.

Why are we hoping for "another Vietnam"? Are we expecting a shift in opinion about such and such a war only if young American soldiers die? Shouldn't we know by now to go another route to get people to stop supporting the US war machine?

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 AIM: KDean75206 Buffalo Activist Network http://www.buffaloactivist.net http://www.yaysoft.com