Intellectuals vs. activism / labor theory of value

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Aug 7 09:13:21 PDT 2002

At 02:47 PM 8/7/2002 +0000, justin wrote:

>Personally I think solidaritistic arguments are preferable. If the mass of
>working people do not see themselves as united as a class in solidarity
>with one another, we will not be able to make any arguments effective. If
>they feel that they share common interests, they will have the
>solidaristic emotions that are necessary to make the expropriation of the
>expropriators effective.

I think that they demand too much of the human actors. Unlike capitalism, whose strength lies in appeals to the lowest common denominator and most debased instincts like greed, hedonism, or laziness. A strong organization is an organization that does not assume titanic qualities of human actors, but instead assumes the least of them and turns their weakness into a strength.

wojtek