crappy American food

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Wed Aug 7 09:16:38 PDT 2002

BTW - Russian food used be as (if not more) awful: basically beets, buckwheat (yuk!), and animal fat. However, during my visit to Leningrad this spring I discovered that this is no longer the case, and there is a considerable choice of decent food.

>From what I've heard, I'd have to agree with you. Salo (animal fat) is still
possible. I find it disgusting, personally. So is kasha (buckwheat).

Now, it's great. One of the first thing that happens to someone from the FSU visiting the US is that they get sick on the food.

Chris Doss The Russia Journal