Gore did it to himself

Luke Benjamin Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Wed Aug 7 11:55:23 PDT 2002

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Fucking hell, he was a founder of the DLC,

Which, I should note, is semantically and substantively distinct from his being the DLC.

> and its poster boy until
> the bimbo thing got out of control. I guess that doesn't count.

Pointing out prominent individuals within the DP who support SSP doesn't disprove Nathan's assertion that no _groups_ within the DP suppport SSP. Interestingly, all Democratic supporters of SSP happen to be disgustingly arrogant: the Nebraskan Rambo, the holly roller, the pointy-head from NY et al. But then, maybe all pols are disgustingly arrogant in one way or another.

-- Luke