Gore did it to himself

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 7 12:39:21 PDT 2002

--- Jeffrey Fisher <jfisher at igc.org> wrote:

> is that an argument for the fact's irrelevance?
> where's michael p to
> argue for guilt by association? i eagerly await
> google results.

Allow me to try! Here's something I found from everyone's favorite Progressive Policy Institute on SSP:

"To renew Social Security's promise for the 21st century, we have to find a new way to finance the system. By 2032, the program's trust fund will be exhausted and tax revenues will only cover 75 percent of promised benefits. Where will the money come from to pay for the retirement of 77 million boomers who on average will live from five to seven years longer than their 1940 counterparts?

Almost everyone is looking to the market. The reason is simple: By tapping financial markets' high rates of return, lawmakers can avoid or at least mitigate such politically unpalatable steps as slashing benefits, hiking payroll taxes, or borrowing more and returning to large government deficits."

http://www.ppionline.org/ppi_ci.cfm?knlgAreaID=125&subsecID=165&contentID=1307

Hooray for the Third Way!

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 AIM: KDean75206 Buffalo Activist Network http://www.buffaloactivist.net http://www.yaysoft.com