crappy American meat

Kelley star.matrix at verizon.net
Wed Aug 7 12:57:49 PDT 2002

At 12:32 PM 8/7/02 -0400, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>At 08:32 AM 8/7/2002 -0700, jordan wrote:
>> > If it were not for the Chinese, Thai or Indians, there
>> > would be hardly anything worthy the name "food" in this
>> > wasteland of supermarkets and processed pulp.
>>
>>Speak for your own 98% of the country :-)
>>
>>Here in Berkeley, I have access year-round to an amazing array of good
>>foods including organic fruits and vegetables, line-caught fish and
>>hormone-free grass-fed beef. Not to mention the finest bread (Acme) and
>>coffee (Peets) in the world. Yes, the world. This access has actually
>>increased steadily since I first got here 20 years ago.

yep! you can even get all this stuff in Florida! Not the Peets or Acme, of course, but I don't eat bread and, gasp!, I unhooked myself from the coffee drip. I have no doubt, though, that there are decent breads available, not to mention that it's pretty easy to make it yourself, and I can probably get coffee from Peet's through the mail if I wanted to, right?

Kelley