So, if not unions...

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Wed Aug 7 19:32:49 PDT 2002

Dddddd0814 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/7/2 5:46:51 PM, you wrote:
>
> >Chuck, do you want unions to be replaced by consensus-based affinity
> >groups? And is that how the productive apparatus of society should be
> >run?
> >
> >-- Shane
>
> Good question, Shane. Chuck, with his anarcho-cynicist criticism of unions
> and labor movements in general, seemed to deny that he needed to come up with
> any alternatives at all, let alone flesh out a program of action. Other than
> his abstract mention of "the alternatives" without any further qualification,
> coupled with vague sloganeering about "Worker's Power," he seems to be
> willing to let laborers languish in declining employment and erosive work
> conditions. I, too, await his response.

Oh, fuck this discussion. Once again, you are putting words into my mouth.

Did I argue that "laborers languish in declining employment and erosive work conditions?"

Nope.

Do I have some alternatives? Sure. But I want to hear what other people think.

How would you organize workers differently? How would you organize them to fight capitalism in the 21st century?

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)