crappy American meat

Daniel Davies dsquared at al-islam.com
Thu Aug 8 03:24:48 PDT 2002

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:44:30 -0700 From: "Jordan Hayes"
>Subject: Re: crappy American meat

>> the situation deteriorates rapidly when you move west- >or
>> south-ward.

>It's supply and demand: the demand just isn't there. Your >observation
>about "crappy food" says more about the local consumer >than it does
>about the food that's available.

>So maybe we change the subject to "crappy American >tastes" ...?

I have to remark that the original post was not using "crappy" as a general word for "bad", but was referring to the fact that American chicken is up to 15% fecal soup.

Surely the fact that the richest nation on earth is prepared to eat contaminated meat reflects some more fundamental pathology than just tastes in food?

dd

PS: Of course, the UK has more or less led the world in the introduction of salmonella and chicken faeces as a food group.