So, if not unions...

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Thu Aug 8 05:06:33 PDT 2002

JCWisc at aol.com:
> An excellent question.
>
> Doug asked another excellent question on this list some time ago: What is the
> anarchist utopia of the future going to be like anyway? Will there be
> restaurants? Airplanes? I can't remember if anyone answered.

How would anarchists know? Unless we're fake, right-wing "anarchists" who are actually fundamentalist liberals in disguise, we specifically abjure sacred texts as well as princes and popes.

In regard to unions, which seems to be a related matter, I think they're great and I think anarchists who disparage them out of hand are falling prey to petit-bourgeois sensibilities (heh). But one should not forget that they are _liberal_ institutions, groups of persons with something to trade who combine their efforts to advance their interests, and not expect too much of them -- success will almost certainly lead to bourgeoisification, as we observe.

-- Gordon