So, if not unions...

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Thu Aug 8 10:17:22 PDT 2002

>The successs of a _union_ leads to bourgeoisification, because
>the values, understandings and relations with which a union
>is organized are liberal -- as I said, they're groups of
>persons who are combining to advance their collective and
>private interests, very much like people forming a corporation,
>partnership, or cooperative.

Yes and all these forms of production stay stuck in accumulation -- keeping the capitalist wheel rolling right along. The revolution will somehow need to redirect values to something more than self interest and production.

I agree. Liberalism may not be the only route but I don't see much of anything else forming on any horizon, certainly not in the US. marta -- Marta Russell Los Angeles, CA http://www.disweb.org