crappy American meat

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Thu Aug 8 16:37:41 PDT 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 11:08 AM Subject: Re: crappy American meat

> What proportion of the american people have much time or energy to give
> a lot of thought to the details of their diets?

Although this isn't really addressed to any of Carrol's points, I find culinary elitism fascinating. Sure, proper cultivation, freshness, and excellent preperation make food taste better. But, I think it's pretty much universally true that people like their sweets and fats (probably due to, get this, evolution). Given this, a diet of burgers and twinkies is quite fitting.