unions

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Aug 8 14:52:16 PDT 2002

At 01:30 PM 08/08/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Can't one then say the same thing about the disabilities rights movement?
>Somehow I can't help but think that this is terribly reductionist....

Not quite; disabilities rights workers agitate on behalf of ALL disabled people. Unions agitate on behalf of a select group of workers. If there were more solidarity among unions, they would be much more successful. I expect that Reagan's going after the air-traffic controllers first, was indicative of his belief that solidarity would be slight with this group of relatively privileged workers. He was right.

Joanna