LP program

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Aug 8 15:37:41 PDT 2002

[this is way too long for posting in full - and it bounced to me for just that reason - but here's the top]

From: Dddddd0814 at aol.com Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:53:00 EDT Subject: Labor Party Program

[from www.thelaborparty.org .... obviously this needs a lot of work if the idea is for this to be a "transitional program" for revolution..... suggestions, comments requested..... -- david]

A Call for Economic Justice: The Labor Party's Program

Preamble 1 Amend the Constitution to Guarantee Everyone a Job at a Living Wage 2 Pay Laid-off Workers Two Months Severance for Every Year of Service 3 Restore Workers Rights to Organize, Bargain and Strike 4 End Bigotry: An Injury to One Is an Injury to All 5 Guarantee Universal Access to Quality Health Care 6 More Time for Family and Community 7 Protect Our Families 8 Ensure Everyone Access to Quality Public Education 9 Stop Corporate Abuse of Trade 10 End Corporate Welfare as We Know It 11 Make the Wealthy Pay their Fair Share of Taxes 12 Revitalize the Public Sector 13 End Corporate Domination of Elections 14 Build A Just Transition Movement to Protect Jobs and the Environment 15 Enforce Safety & Health Regulation with Worker Inspectors 16 Reclaiming the Workplace: Job Design, Technology and Skill

[...\