8 a day, no way? Spinning

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Sat Aug 10 20:48:31 PDT 2002

> Then I figured it out. They were talking about the old stationary
> cycle for exercise, that silly looking thing with handle bars, pedals
> and an adjustable load gizmo for the rear wheel I'd seen at the
> gym.
> Chuck Grimes

Spinning is riding your bicycle (preferable on level terrain) while maintain a specific cadence of about 90 RPM. Many people now do it indoors but the technique is about high RPM low resistance and is quite old. I used to race bicycles and did most of my spinning outdoors on a training bike (inexpensive racing bike). Try a fixed gear bike for some real fun.

John Thornton