8 a day, no way?

Kelley jimmyjames at softhome.net
Mon Aug 12 12:17:51 PDT 2002

At 03:25 PM 8/9/02 -0700, R wrote:
>with all that drinking, kelley, your urethra must be very germ free. ;-)
>
>every tried cranberry juice?

I tend not to because it usually comes with a bunch of other stuff to make it palatable. As for the water and tp, it was a joke so paula would have something else to invest in. Water is necessary for msucles. The more muscles, the more glycogen (stored carbs). Each gram of glycogen stores an additional 2.5 to 3 grams of water. When muscle tissue increases, then more water is stored in the bloodstream too. So, you're drinking a lot, but not really expelling it any more than when you had less muscle. I workout 1.5 hours a day and live in a very warm, humid climate. I've decided I want to train to do a bike/canoe tour that I've wanted to do since I moved here. Then, with any luck, after my beau relocates here, and I whip him into shape *rubbing hands together*, I'd like to do a canoe trip from St. Pete to Key West. Even at a gallon, I can't get enough. When I take a day off from training, I feel miserable and I'm more thirsty than ever and actually drink close to a gallon and half.

As for cranberry juice, yes, I have. Still, i'm puzzled why you ask!

Chuck and others, thanks for the interesting info. I just thought it looked like a wicked, bass ass workout because it's targeting more than just your legs. I never folks just on legs for any aerobic activity. The fact that you can't backpedal is interesting too! I just heard that you were supposed to do it in a group because it's also about the imagination. Or something like that. Beats me. That's why I asked. The group action seemed so gimmicky and faddish that I was put off.