unions

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Tue Aug 13 18:33:07 PDT 2002

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 at 7:00pm Doug Henwood wrote:

> found a way to tap into the surplus value on the basis of
> inherited a congealed SV?

i like that -- reminds me of HAWKES.

(speaking of said HAWKES, where is he? wasn't he supposed to show up and answer for his gould review/obit in the nation? if we have to put up with bad BAD memories, in the form of JOE lockard's zionist claptrap, hows about a good BAD memory like H?)

> Maybe I'm just obsessing over terms, objecting to mixing
> up capitalists and members of a ruling class and the
> merely rich. But how is capitalist power exercised?
> Jackie O had nothing to do with determining the
> conditions of social labor or the deployment of US
> imperial power abroad. Senior executives, financiers,
> and helpful intellectuals do.

but power not exercised is still power none the less. the 'idle rich' are not harmless because they are down with the folks. they are (relatively) benign due to their own whims. they still benefit from their fellows who do run things.

-- no Onan

Undefeated, everybody goes home