"post-leftism"

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Wed Aug 14 13:26:12 PDT 2002

"Brian O. Sheppard x349393" wrote:

> AJODA (Anarchy: A Journal of Desire Armed) is a magazine I wouldn't
> recommend to my worst enemies. Interviews
> with Kaczynski, Zerzan, and other luddite-leaning left loons regularly appear
> in it. Yet, in the same magazine, after portraying Kaczynski
> sympathetically, it sympathizes, as in the article below, with those who wish to escape the
> "authoritarian culture of the left"? You mean, from people who might want
> to blow people up, like Kazcynski did?

Brian, you may not like Anarchy, but it is the most popular anarchist magazine in the U.S. right now and is well-respected. I guess I can lump you in with those folks who refuse to understand that Anarchy is a general interest anarchist magazine which includes a wide range of views.

> The non-authoritarian streak of the left is ignored, and, as usual, only
> the top-down party structures are equated with "leftism." Or do the
> authors believe that many of the fine anti-authoritarian struggles of the
> past against various form of oppression, were waged by the right? Or mayeb
> the authors simply haven't read any basic labor, feminist,anti-racist
> history?

Who is ignoring the non-authoritarian streak of the left?

Anarchy magazine? Because if you are suggesting this, you are off base. Anarchy has published lots of stuff from the anti-authoritarian Left.

Chuck0