"post-leftism"

Dddddd0814 at aol.com Dddddd0814 at aol.com
Wed Aug 14 13:30:36 PDT 2002

>Well I agree. I guess I didn't explain myself very well. I've always
>thought that people are natural anarchists, that they instinctively favor
>cooperation and pro-social behaviors.
>
>The main stuggle is to eliminate institutions like capitalism and the
>state.
>
><< Chuck0 >>

Yes, this was Kropotkin's argument, too, in his later pro-WWI literary salon days, when he joined the Social Darwinists. The latter claimed that humans evolved through competition, but the Prince decided it was through coopration, instead.

No, anarchism is probably not in the genes. The desire to survive probably is, though. Even anarchists will fight for their piece of bread, if hungry enough.

-- David