posted to radio archives

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Aug 14 14:56:00 PDT 2002

I've just posted two more individual interviews to my radio archive site:

>Bill Robinson (recorded February 2002, broadcast March 14, 2002,
>15:05, 5.2 mb) Robinson, a professor of sociology at the University
>of California-Santa Barbara, talks about the emergence of a global
>ruling class. He is the author of Promoting Polyarchy. An essay by
>Robinson and Jerry Harris, "Towards A Global Ruling Class?,"
>published in Science and Society, is available here. Apologies for
>the poor sound quality.
>
>Michael Zweig (June 7, 2002, 29:25, 10.2 mb) Zweig is professor of
>economics at SUNY-Stony Brook, author of The Working Class Majority:
>America's Best-Kept Secret, and organizer of the How Class Works
>conference that was held at Stony Brook in June. He talks about
>class in the U.S. and its articulation with gender and race.

Also, Joseph Stiglitz is schedule to be my guest tomorrow evening for almost the full hour (assuming he shows up!). That will be Thursday, 5-6 PM eastern US time, WBAI, 99.5 New York and <http://www.wbai.org>. I'll have a recording of the show up on the web on Friday.

Doug