"post-leftism"

JCWisc at aol.com JCWisc at aol.com
Thu Aug 15 20:16:03 PDT 2002

In a message dated 08/15/2002 7:36:39 PM Central Daylight Time, chuck at tao.ca writes:

> We wouldn't be able to build new computers in a post-revolutionary
> anarchist society. Computer production requires a highly capitalized,
> global, command and control capitalist system.

OK, how many people here want to live in a society that wouldn't be able to build new computers? If the "post-revolutionary anarchist society" wouldn't be able to build new computers, then presumably there are a lot of other things it couldn't build. Not just garbage trucks, but airplanes, VCRs, CD players... What about clocks? Would it be able to build clocks? But then, if you're a hunter-gatherer, you probably don't need to know what time it is, right?

And what's going to happen to all of the people who make their livings building these things?

Doesn't sound very attractive to me.

Jacob Conrad