Paul Wellstone Needs Your Help!

Diane Monaco dmonaco at pop3.utoledo.edu
Fri Aug 16 11:07:09 PDT 2002

Dear Friend,

My brand of honest, informed and effective progressive advocacy has stirred up some powerful opposition in the 12 years I have been in the U.S. Senate. The White House and national Republicans are pouring millions of dollars into Minnesota to try to unseat me because they know I've been an effective champion for working families.

Don't let them succeed.

In order to win I need the help of progressive Democrats both in Minnesota and around the country. I have to raise enough money to withstand the tremendous advertising barrage aimed at me. According to public records, my opponent has already raised an amazing $1,602,058 from powerful corporate interests to finance his campaign, while fully 93% of my contributions have been from individuals.

I need your help. Please visit http://www.democrats.com/wellstone to contribute to my campaign.

The Republicans are working so hard to defeat me because I have been willing to speak out and take action on issues like skyrocketing prescription drug costs, environmental protection, corporate responsibility, and retirement security. They know, as you know, that I am a fighter. With your help, I will continue to fight for the what's right in the U.S. Senate.

Thank you again for visiting http://www.democrats.com/wellstone to make a donation. I promise that I will continue to fight for a better America.

I would be honored to have your support.

Sincerely,

Paul Wellstone