"post-leftism"

Tom Wheeler twbounds at pop.mail.rcn.net
Fri Aug 16 15:36:59 PDT 2002

From: "Brian O. Sheppard x349393" <bsheppard at bari.iww.org>
> Sorry, I should have referred to AJODA - and not Alt Press - of 1992,
> where McQuinn said only
> hundreds of thousands of Jews were killed by the Holocaust, and that "It's
> undeniable that 'The Holocaust' has been magnified into a larger than life
> tale of historical racial persecution."
> ("Holocaust or Bust?" in Anarchy: A Journal of Desire Armed, no. 34 (Fall
> 1992), pp. 17.

"Holocaust or Bust" was a phamplet written by Bradley R. Smith and it was given a negative review in Anarchy. How does this have anything to do with Jason McQuinn being smeared as a holocaust revisionist? Hey, can we lump in Norman Finkelstein as a holocaust revisionist too since he makes similar points that Jason McQuinn has made over the years (see Finkelstein's "The Holocaust Industry")? A brief blurb on his book:

"Finkelstein interrogates the conventional accounts of the place the Holocaust has come to occupy in American culture. It was not until the Arab-Israeli War of 1967, when Israel's evident strength brought it into line with US foreign policy, that memory of the Holocaust began to acquire the exceptional prominence it enjoys today. Leaders of America's Jewish community were delighted that Israel was now deemed a major strategic asset and, Finkelstein contends, exploited the Holocaust to enhance this new-found status. Their subsequent interpretations of the tragedy are often at variance with actual historical events and are employed to deflect any criticism of Israel and its supporters."

Here's the review of this absurd phamplet from Anarchy #34.

Holocaust or Bust? Confessions of a Holocaust Revisitionist by Bradley R. Smith (Popular Reality, POB 2942, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, 1992) 57pp. $4.95 pamphlet.

Bradley R. Smith has discovered for himself that some of the historical 'evidence' cited for the claims of a Jewish 'holocaust' in Nazi Germany is questionable. Some evidence, like that for the soap-made-from-Jewish-corpses story we've all at one time heard, even seems to have been manufactured, constituting a hoax on the order of an inverted Protocols of the Elders of Zion. However, from a few examples of exaggeration (of the numbers of Jews imprisoned or killed), of baseless anti-Nazi propaganda stories, and of Zionist prevarication in the service of Jewish nationalism, Smith jumps to the conclusion that the Jewish holocaust never happened and that the Nazis have been unfairly taken advantage of in the annals of popular history. It's undeniable that "The Holocaust" *has* been magnified into a larger than life tale of historical racial persecution--largely in order to justify the continuing atrocities by Zionists in the racist state of Israel. But what purpose is really served by a campaign to *completely* dismiss the actual suffering of hundreds of thousands of people at the hands of another of the most powerful and ruthless states the world has known? Unfortunately, the sappy writing in Confessions of a Holocaust Revisionist is not just sloppy revisionism, it even fails to convincingly 'confess' why the author has made it his 'job' to mount a one-man anti-holocaust crusade on college campuses. Save your five bucks. This is a pamphlet worth missing.