"Anarchy Reigns in Social Production" re: unions

Brian O. Sheppard x349393 bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Sat Aug 17 16:55:08 PDT 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 s-t-t at juno.com wrote:

> Two anarchists of separate stripes have said two answers: no, there will
> be no new planes built (Chuck), and it remains to be seen, only the
> workers can decide (Brian). A no, and a we'll see..

Not just the workers, but also *those affected by the productive process* whether they are worker or not.

For ex. A body of workers administers a widget factory through directly democratic procedures. This doesn't just affect the workers, it probably (or could foreseeably) affect the surrounding community, who should also have some sort of democratic representation in the goings-on of the plant, whether they work in it or not.

There are further minutae to be worked out (is a person on the other side of the globe affected by the plant in some small way? who determines? etc). I don't have all the answers. Let's try it and find out.

Brian