Venezuela

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Sat Aug 17 19:02:52 PDT 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: Ian Murray <seamus2001 at attbi.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2002 1:38 AM Subject: Venezuela

"They insist on conspiring, in taking out President Chávez and establishing their own government," said Désirée Santos, a close ally in the National Assembly. "We would not permit a government without Chávez."

I find this all very confusing. Why are unions and Communists in league with big biz? Has US bought everybody off? Why isn't everybody real happy and proud of Ali Rodriquez, (who I assume is Chavez ally), new head of oil company. After all he seemed to be the one who gave OPEC a spine and really brought oil prices up. Do the Venezuelans want to go back to $15/barrel oil? What is the deal on V?