longshoremen and baseball players

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 18 21:54:50 PDT 2002

--- "Brian O. Sheppard x349393" <bsheppard at bari.iww.org> wrote:

> So what is the story on ballplayers' unions, anyway?
>
> Brian

Well I'm quite sure that they don't give a rats ass about workers struggle, but in some sense the ballplayer union exist precicely for the same reasons that other unions exist--because baseball players interests are not the same as the owners of baseball.

Of course, my own personal opinion is that I like what the "owners" are suggesting--that it's unfair that one or two teams get all the money and thus all the talent while the lower income teams get trapped in perpetual suckatude....

Then again, I think baseball is suckatude anyway....

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 AIM: KDean75206 Buffalo Activist Network http://www.buffaloactivist.net http://www.yaysoft.com