Russia and porn

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 19 11:55:37 PDT 2002

BTW, Marching Together (bad translation -- Idushchii vmeste means "going together") is a pro-Putin youth group. They wear Putin t-shirts (never seen one, though).

19.08.2002 17:57:03 Marching Together want another writer tried MOSCOW. Aug 19 (Interfax) - The Marching Together movement want a case of pornography dissemination opened against Bayan Shiryanov.

"We are awaiting the findings of a probe for pornography and calls for using narcotic drugs in his book. Depending on that, the Basmannoye police headquarters will either open a criminal case or reject our statement on July 11. Culture Ministry experts will most probably conduct the probe," Artyom Muguniants, the movement's legal division head, told Interfax on Monday.

If the statement is rejected, the rejection will be appealed, he said.

Shiryanov, whose real name is Kirill Vorobyov, is the author of Lower Piloting, a book published by Ad Marginem in 2001. The press ministry has warned the publisher about the propaganda for narcotics and pornography in that book.

Marching Together opened a criminal case of pornography against author Vladimir Sorokin in June. A commission found certain parts of his book pornographic.

"We will use all available means to fight marginal pornography writers," the movement's press secretary Denis Zaitsev told Interfax.

Viktor Yerofeyev and Viktor Pelevin are also of this kind, he said. [RU EUROPE ASIA EMRG POL CRIM] ap tl <>