Fantasy Ideology

JCWisc at aol.com JCWisc at aol.com
Mon Aug 19 20:32:09 PDT 2002

In a message dated 08/19/2002 4:07:46 PM Central Daylight Time, jimmyjames at softhome.net writes:

> >Anybody here have any sympathy with a bunch of right-wing religious
fanatics
> >who flew planes into skyscrapers (speaking of airplanes)?
>
> I do believe that there were a couple of people on this list who did, yes.

Can't remember (if I were less lazy I'd read the archives). I lurked here then, and what I remember is that Leo got all pissed off and went away (figures). There's nobody anywhere on the left, with the possible exception of Ward Churchill, who fits the right-wing caricature of the left's reaction to 9/11. Nobody is saying, or has ever said "Yah! Sonz-a-bitches got just what they deserved!"

> Otherwise, I agree with what you say. However, what I found interesting
> about it was that the guy used a Lacanian/Zizekian analysis to come to
> conclusions that most of the L/Z supporters among the Left wouldn't
> appreciate.

Yeah, the smart right-wingers are good at that, twisting your wrist.

Jacob C.