desparately seeking

Matt lbo at beyondzero.net
Tue Aug 20 18:52:32 PDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 06:38:20PM -0400, Kelley wrote:

> >Maybe not relevant but with
> >the current 802.1X + EAP hype and his recent demo of the tool at
> >Blackhat maybe it is that of which you are thinking?
>
> It could just be senility on my part. I'm under the gun for a client and I
> ought to just really go chill and it will come to me. But, thanks for the
> help dewd!

NP. "Air" doesn't ring a bell, and I'm supposed to be on top of these things but the last month has been crazy for me - we hired another guy so I can slack a bit wrt latest attack tools etc. and there was of course Defcon and I just returned from a much needed week holiday (sans cell phone sans pager sans email, woohoo!) so I'm not up on everything especially latest and greatest...

> I'd forgotten that this was one of your thangs recently. Wasn't
> the trip to France part of this for you?

Yeah, they wanted wireless in our Paris sales office for a demo and I had to put the foot down and insist on some decent security. They forced me to go and do it myself because they wanted it done by the demo date, which is fine by me. I love France: I love the land, I love the food and wine, and I love the people. A girl I know from another list took me to a semi-underground party in an old abandoned theatre one night and everyone was so friendly (although 6 hours of just tech house was a little painful) even though Dubya had just started ranting about "widding da wurld ob ewil doers" and here I was, the only damn USer in the place, and struggling with the bare-bones French I had taught myself the week before. It didn't hurt of course that when US foreign policy came up I had no kind words to say about the neo-con War party and its lunacy...

> I guess I'll forgive you for all
> that blather abt women yesterday and maybe someday I'll give you a big fat
> wet snit smooch for FREE! :) </teasing ya>

Heh. Forgive me, but I'm lonely and jaded and thought DA needed a good bashing on HIS blather about women so it seemed apropos. :)

> Foof hooked me up with a chum from his area 2600. He's written WLAN DoS
> scripts, but they're mostly MAC flooding techniques.

Xam, perhaps? He knows wireless quite well.

> Kelley
> PS --Do you have any cool shots of one of our banners or a book cover shot
> to hell during the shoot this year! I like to blow 'em up and use 'em as
> posters!

I don't recall any making an appearance. If someone had them as targets they didn't make it widely known, and I was there the whole time (although mostly in awe of the toys brought by the folks from Gem-Tech...offlist me if you want the sordid details).

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 icq: 120941588

yahoo msg: beyondzero123 We are the middle children of history, with no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives.

-Tyler Durden