queer settlers claim Starbucks

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Tue Aug 20 20:45:09 PDT 2002

>Doug asks, is it true? I don't know, but I sure hope so. It sounds
>like Berkeley, doesn't it? Starbucks has been targetted for boycotts here
>before since it competes with the local icon, Pete's Coffee.
>
>And there is always a kind of low grade hostility against national
>franchises all the time in the form of chronic vandalism.
>
>Chuck Grimes,
>
>too lazy to walk five blocks and find out.

Do some recon in the morning, man. This is a lot more creative and fun than rolling a ball of corporate art into one like they did in Fight Club.

Even though I'm not gay, I did go to a gay club the other night with a friend and her 2 gay pals to see Margaret Cho do a short routine to promote her new film Notorious C.H.O. It was hilarous. I noticed one guy had a pink t-shirt with an American flag on it and another fellow had a shirt that was entirely the flag. If the government would just copyright that thing, there would be budget surpluses for as far as the eye can see.

Eminem was mentioned on another thread and he does seem to have homophobic views even though he hugged Elton John and played Robin to Dr. Dre's Batman in the video for Without Me - a great song that takes the time to bash the Vice President's wife. I put him in the same class as Guns and Roses, not the best politics but a lot of passion. For some GnR energy with somtimes- progressive lyrics check out Sparta. They'll be on Craig Kilborn tonight and were At The Drive In during a previous incarnation. They've opened for Weezer and Jimmy Eat World and are currently touring on their own. http://www.spartamusic.com/

Peter