Ace on "outside Jewish money" and other things

dave dorkin ddorkin1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 12:24:45 PDT 2002

I dont understand why you get quite so worked up about this. I am of Jewish origin and really dont see why every statement about the Jews must be examined in this way when almost no effort is ever expended on anti-Arab or Muslim sentiment which isnt even debatable but rather plainly stated. I certainly didnt take the phrase to be racist.

I dont think the question is whether "they did it too" but where you spend your resources. Jews in America get a free pass as compared to other minorities. Many of the people doing the funding and scare mongering were Jews or Jewish (does that phrase make a difference?) -why cant one say that? Why cant one note the way that Tom Friedman, Bob Scheer and Richard Cohen just might be granted opportunities that Arab Americans are not (without even comparing the ADC to AIPAC etc)? It is not of course simple a issue of being Jewish which results in American policy in the gov. and the NYT but to deny it a role seems starnge.