The Blithedale Romance Re: Milton the Anarchist....

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Wed Aug 21 15:23:14 PDT 2002

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 at 9:53pm Carl Remick wrote:

> >From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu>
>
> >You simply can't condemn a whole people.
>
> Sure I can, with gusto. I find my fellow Americans, of
> every class, more loathsome every day. If I wasn't so
> lacking in imagination and energy I would have cleared
> out long ago.

well of course you *can*, just so that you understand that misanthropy is an inherently reactionary and mostly juvenile stance. it is about as 'progressive' or 'left' as malthusianism.

(there was actually a fairly decent article on misantropy in harper's recently.)

-- no Onan

Undefeated, everybody goes home