Fantasy Ideology, Lacan

JCWisc at aol.com JCWisc at aol.com
Wed Aug 21 18:38:41 PDT 2002

In a message dated 08/21/2002 11:45:07 AM Central Daylight Time, jimmyjames at softhome.net writes:

> i was more interested in the question of whether a theoretical approach
> will be inherently prone to conservative readings, initially. there seems
> little interest in that topic.
>

> kelley

Hmm. I recall some discussion along those lines (not here, but out in the world) in the aftermath of Bourdieu's death, since the late B. was always highly critical of his colleagues' preoccupation with theory. I'm pretty sure I read a journalistic piece asserting that certain theoretical approaches have "inherently" conservative implications. I think I may have downloaded some interesting stuff, but can't go there now because I have a (figurative) gun to my head and have to complete a project for work, for which the deadline is tomorrow AM.

Jacob Conrad