Ace on "outside Jewish money" and other things

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Aug 21 18:48:35 PDT 2002

I've gone around on this a few times. We only get tempted to look at Majette's donors because somebody else did it to CMK. I started to do this and realized, hey, what am I looking for? Goldsteins? This is b.s. We are becoming what we're criticizing. "Moe Sad"? Anything incriminating is going to be concealed.

Let's not go all Al Gore and blame outside forces. CM should have disavowed her Daddy's odious statements; she should have asked Louis F. to go home. She should not have fudged her endorsements. She should have returned the contributions from Alamoudi (the Hamas 'moderate') and, as a practical matter, Sami 'Death to Israel' Arian. This is just ABC politics. No compromise of principle is involved. Most important, she should not have succumbed to conspiracism, even for a second. If you are progressive, in politics a second can kill you.

max

You can't very well list the names of all 1083 individuals, and, with the exception of some, the PAC names aren't descriptive of their political objectives and/or the social bases of their respective contributors. While I very much agree with Doug on his criticism of Cockburn, especially on the abortion issue, I'm not sure how you can get around mentioning ethnic identities if what you want to analyze sociologically is whether there is any ethnic pattern in campaign contribution and what it may mean if there is any. -- Yoshie