McQuinn responds to smears - Q3

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Thu Aug 22 15:12:11 PDT 2002

Also see Alternative Press Review Winter 1996

Finding Our Way out of Oklahoma by Adam Parfrey

http://www.altpr.org/apr7/oklahoma.html

An article McQuinn defends publishing, which mixes legitimate civil liberties concerns with absurd conspiracy theories, claims from right-wing anti-government activists, and other dubious assertions. (also smears of my work that are smarmy and hyperbolic and easily refuted).

I posted this and the last two exchanges to refute the claim that the only critics of McQuinn were Biehl and me; or that there was a lack of evidence in general to suggest McQuinn had a questionable understanding of the relationship between the Holocaust and antsemitic stereotyping; a penchant for tolerating conspiracism; and a soft spot for seeing the left and right join to smash the corrupt state regime--a concept I find historically disadvantageous...

See, for example, the theories of the Strasser brothers.

:-0

-Chip Berlet