The Blithedale Romance Re: Milton the Anarchist....

Kelley jimmyjames at softhome.net
Thu Aug 22 21:29:34 PDT 2002

>>>The fact that you can't think while exercising is perhaps the most
>>>positive thing about exercise.

i used to chop and stack firewood for an hour every day, i certainly thought while i was doing so. i used to do it after i'd been reading a text for grad school. i'd ponder it and review it my mind while doing so. i used to run for a couple hours at a time, trying to get past the runner's wall, i was thinking! when i workout now, i think about discussions on list or that i've had with someone/others recently, and ponder my response/reaction, etc.

what is difficult to do is working a factory line, where the endless, repetitive drive of the machinery and the noise makes it exceedingly difficult to do anything but wander and flit from one thought to the next.