Communes (Re: "post-leftism")

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Thu Aug 22 22:41:39 PDT 2002

I suppose we'll have to take turns [plucking chickens], but, still, egads. Doug

----------

There, there Doug. Here's a story to cheer you up. Typical Berkeley.

Saturday I had a terrible day at work, got in an argument with some pissy customer over his shit sucking scooter, which I wasn't going to stay overtime to fix, then the boss came out and announced he would---Just great. I packed off in a huff, mumbling fuck this place....

Back in the old apartment, I decide I'll cheer up, get a little tight, and make a good dinner. So I take out a whole chicken (range fed), skinny, tough little fucker and cut it up, skin it, and start a classic coq au vin.

About two hours later, I get a call from my old shop buddy Gail who now works at a record store on the avenue as a buyer---she wants to stop by after work. Great. So I set out the chicken, rice, and a nice Italian red wine.

Gail stomps up the back stairs and comes in while I am in the john taking a leak.

Hey, Gail, just in time for dinner. We're having coq au vin---cool huh?

Oh sorry Chuck I am vegetarian now. What? Since when? Chicken isn't really meat, you know. Here have some wine.

No, thanks. I can't really. Me and my sister just got my mother off the sauce and into rehab.

Damn.

``Camarada! Desgraciadamente el ejemplo de soldados y labradores no es todo lo contagioso que fuera menester..'' Negrin.

(From one of the posters of the Spanish Civil War that Yoshie posted)

Chuck Grimes